Submit an Abstract
Deadline for abstract submission: CLOSED - February 26, 2022
Abstract acceptance notice by March 21, 2022
CHC 2022 organizing committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for a presentation.
The abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee of the conference, which is composed of experts selected for their demonstrated knowledge. Authors will be notified of the results of the review process by email.
If your paper is accepted, it will be assigned to either a lecture session (on-site participants only, pending pandemic restrictions) or a poster session in the form of either a poster displayed on-site (on-site participants) or a short video (virtual participants). Prepare your presentation accordingly, following the guidelines below. The author's preference format is taken into consideration, but the final decision to place a presentation in a lecture, a poster session or a virtual short video rests with the evaluation committee.
Each accepted paper must be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference according to the published schedule, except for the short video available online. At least one of the authors must register for the conference before the author registration deadline. Failure to do so will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from both the conference program and the book of abstracts.
For posters, one author must be present at the poster during the entire duration of the session.
How to proceed
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English or French (but no translation will be provided) with a quality of spelling and grammar suitable for publication.
- Each abstract should be a maximum of one page, letter format, including figures and exactly conform to the format of the template provided (see below for the template).
- Use the editable template by clicking on the section you would like to fill in and start your typing or overwriting. This ensures that all your data is in the correct format. Please do not remove the format outlined in the template; abstracts that are different from the format provided will be returned to authors for revision. If you would like to insert a graphic, insert it in the text box provided, with an appropriate figure caption. All abstracts including your recent photo must fit entirely in one page. Be sure to underline the presenting author.
- Oral: Oral presentations will last 15 minutes, including 3 minutes for questions. Spaces are limited. Those who are not successful in securing an oral presentation may be offered to present their abstract in a lightning presentation format (3 minutes, no questions), a poster format, or in a virtual short video format.
- Poster: Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during a dedicated poster viewing time (on-site). Optionally, poster presenters will be allowed to submit a short 5 minutes presentation video to be posted on the virtual platform of the conference.
- Virtual short video: Virtual short pre-recorded video will be 5 minute for presentations without questions (online). You will have to record yourself narrating a digital version of your presentation. You are free to select the style of presentation you want; you can choose to record only your slides, yourself or both (recommended). You may use the software or application of your choice to pre-record your presentation. Here are some suggestions:
• Zoom (step-by-step guide)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (step-by-step guide and instruction video)
• Prezi (instruction video)
• Screencast (information and download)
Accepted formats are: .wmv, .mp4 or .mov
The following formats are NOT accepted: .ppsx, .pptx, .ppt, .pps
Please make sure to use your abstract reference number to rename your video.
Each author may submit up to (3) three abstracts. The presenting author (underlined) must be registered before April 6, 2022, to the conference to be allowed to give the oral presentation, to present the poster, or to present the virtual short video.
Authors must submit their abstract online through the abstract submission system, according to the instructions given in the template:
- First step: Once your abstract is written according to the instructions given in the template, choose your preferred session and a second-choice in the “Sessions” link under “Program” in the conference homepage.
- Second step: Click on the “Submit your abstract” link at the bottom of this page. This will take you to a specific “Abstract submission” page: follow the instructions on this page.
- Third step: You will receive an automated email to confirm that we have received your abstract. Follow the instructions in this email and the link that will enable you to access your file and author entry forms at any time before the abstract submission deadline. The secretariat will process your request and send you an official confirmation email when your submission is validated. If you have not received a confirmation in the following 5 days, please contact us.
- Fourth step: Following this process, the scientific committee of the conference will review your abstract and inform you whether or not it is accepted, in which session, with or without modifications, and as an oral presentation (on-site), a poster (on-site) or a virtual short video (online).